St. Nicolas of Tolentino Parish (F-1840)
Ivisan, 5805 Capiz

Population: 20,103
Catholics: 19,453
Titular: St. Nicholas of Tolentino, Sept. 10
Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Enrique Relano

 

History of the Parish of
St. Nicholas of Tolentino
Ivisan, Capiz

Ivisan was formerly a part of the parish of Panay. Later it became a part of the parish of Capiz (now Roxas City). Declared a town in 1833, Ivisan was erected into a parish on January 6, 1849 by the decree of General Lardizabal.

Priests assigned in Ivisan were:

    Fr. Basilio de Castro - 1853
    Fr. Amando Hierro - 1859
    Fr. Victor Gonzales - 1863
    Fr. Gregorio Hormida - 1870
    Fr. Francisco Polo - 1878
    Fr. Miguel Roscales - 1879
    Fr. Elaido Zamora - 1882
    Fr. Elviro Jorde - 1886
    Fr. Jose Gutierrez - 1893
    Fr. Angel Alonzo Vigil - 1894
    Fr. Julian Nu˝uez - 1896

In 1934, the late Msgr. Clemente A. Alba was assigned as parish priest.  Fr. Romualdo Azarcon succeeded him in August 16, 1970, then Msgr. Guillermo Belvis (1988-1996). The present parish priest is Fr. Enrique Relano

 

[ Home | History | Diocesan Curia | Clergy | Parishes | Educational Center | Institutions | Statistics ]